Wednesday, November 18, 2015

From The Galloping Senility Files

     Only a few minutes ago, I was standing in the anteroom of my auto mechanic’s shop, when my eye lit on a blue cardboard box bearing a legend that appeared to be in Greek:

     From my recollection of the Greek alphabet, that appeared to spell out OLGOL, although the Gamma is backward. As far as I know, that isn't a word in Greek, though it might be someone’s family name. Is Charlie ordering parts from a supplier in Greece these days? I wondered. To the best of my knowledge, there are no cars sold in the U.S. that are manufactured in Greece. It was, as the King of Siam famously said, a puzzlement.

     But only briefly – i.e., until I thought to turn the box right-side up.

     This getting old really sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then, when you turned it "up" ...

... you got really excited ...

... because you thought it said VULVA .

(getting old really is a bitch)

Hans

daniel_day said...

That reminds me of a joke about someone asking the meaning of "710", which is written on a mysterious cap under her hood.

Brinster said...

Don't feel too bad, though getting old DOES suck. At least you're able to see it! Not sure if I could have.