Thursday, September 27, 2012

Read This NOW!

Thanks to our beloved InstaPundit, I've just been over to Sarah Hoyt's place to read the most chilling, sobering true story I've ever encountered on the Web.

Sarah, I can't help but wonder if Americans, accustomed to decade after decade of material comfort and peaceful transitions of power, would be as brave and unflinching as your sixteen-year-old self.

I believe it was Robert A. Heinlein who reminded us that true bravery is not the absence of fear, but the resolve to continue on in the face of your fear -- and the greater your fear, the braver you must be to overcome it. Just how brave would we be, who (like a writer from France whose name I've forgotten) have long enjoyed freedom but have never had to fight for it?

Is there a point? Of course. How likely is it that the Obamunists will surrender power peacefully after losing the elections? I'd hesitate to say it's guaranteed; would you?

I suspect there's more in store for us than a few W keys torn from White House keyboards.

1 comment:

pdwalker said...

There are still some who would, but I fear they are now in a minority.